Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's December Already?!

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the YEAR!!!! Grad classes are done (well until the spring semester) and my classroom  is in full swing for the holidays!! Nothing makes me happier :) We have our Elf on the Shelf "Snowball" keeping an eye on all the good little boys and girls in my class. Now that the smoke has settled, I looked at my calendar and realized just how close we are to the winter break and how much we have to do! Talk about a stressed out teacher. It's times like these, when I wish I had elves to help me!

My all time favorite book is Polar Express. We devote an entire week to doing fun activities and lessons before we get to wear our pajamas and make hot cocoa while we watch the movie. I was left in charge to create a fun literacy Polar Express unit for our Second Grade team. Since we have review weeks for reading comprehension skills, I decided to incorporate as many as possible. This unit contains Cause & effect activities,  sequencing, identifying character traits, compare and contrast, and writing prompts. Here are just a few images of the 12 page POLAR EXPRESS UNIT. The unit it in both B&W and color. 



Check out My TPT store :) to get this item! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment